Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Moment of Reflection: Prelude to the End of the World

by Jim Kopetz


Jack Ketchum once said, "When I'm writing at my best, what I'm trying to do, I find, is to point out how some people poison the world for the rest of us, who are only trying to live humanely and lovingly. It's a warning against the "others," and a call to awareness, strength, and gentleness." That pretty much sums up what prelude to the end of the world is all about.

I've had an idea in my head for the the past few days that persists on being some sort of sub-line to describe this site. It goes: "Finding truth in fiction, finding fiction in truth". I'm not sure if that is an accurate description of this website but it seems an honorable notion to follow and I think we have. Sure there are articles that are straight-forward examinations of social/political problems, but there is also much satire, and humor. I've always believed that humor makes the horse pills of life much easier to handle, and it's also the only way I know how to write. It's how I think.

I look back at the inception of this site and what it has become and I feel great pleasure. We've collected some great writers and have managed to be a non-partisan news source that is hard to come by these days. I look forward to the future of prelude, and I hope you all will strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride. Thanks to everyone who has supported us, has inspired us, and have given us a reason to write. By the way, we are looking for more writers. If you care to be a part of something new, contact me at kopetzj@gmail.com. Once again thank you all. This is just the beginning...



No comments:

Post a Comment