Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hate vs. Love

by Jim Kopetz


I hate my job. I hate my longing for the good old days. I hate all the customers who whine and bitch and complain about their food when it is their lives that are choking them.


I hate the people, and I use the term loosely, that brood constantly and have nothing in their lives and take it out on the world. I hate the lack of respect for others. I hate their god. I hate so much that it hurts.

But I also love. I love writing, and literature. I love film. I love comedy and dark humor. I love madness. I love whiskey and beer and tequila and red wine and grapefruit vodka. I love substances. They balance the pain and the hatred. Love and hatred. Love and war.  Gods and Monsters.





This is the prelude to the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment